So as you know I was trying to update our living room, you know spice things up, add a little bit of color and personality. Well I think I went one step too far. Let me explain, before we moved in I bought this green paint, I loved the paint sample, I loved how it looked with the living room stuff, but then I decided to paint the laundry room that color, turns out rosemary green on the sample and rosemary green on the wall are completely separate colors. Anyway so I decided not to paint the living room that color, since it was just a tiny bit too bright. I still liked the color so I used it in the office. Well today while I was doing paint touch ups (never got to the office by the way) I decided to revisit the rosemary green in the living room idea. I dont hate it, but I dont love it, I think I will continue my search for a less exciting green, but in the mean time things are bit more exciting here in our house.
So the before and after shots are in the wrong order... sorry about that, start at the bottom and work your way up
the redesigned fireplace section. A mirror and plants, thank you brea and jason for the wonderful suggestions. So just a side note the green here on the walls doesnt look as green as it does in real life, trust me it isnt this nice and muted...
so now that I have incorporated those suggestions what other suggestions do you guys have for me? anything else to make this room more fun, i will change the color so that isnt a valid suggestion. does it look homey yet?
2 comments:
So...the green isn't a bad idea...shoot for a shade or two darker and, if it were me, I'd paint just one wall...
Ash, you know me I always guess wrong on paint color! Personally I like it. But then again I liked yellow in my kitchen! AHH I really like the paint on both walls. It ads more personality and blends well. But then again, you know what my mix/match house looks like!!! I can't ever keep up my mind. My philosophy is that I like to change often enough keep it and then change it again!!!! :)
Post a Comment