Sunday, October 7, 2012

Just a Quick Preview

I'm one of those dorky moms that thinks until my child can clearly voice his opinion we should have themed family halloween costumes, and since Mikey is still pretty tiny...we are going themed (although I am going to make him a little owl costume for the playgroup halloween party). A couple of months ago...or 7 or 8 I saw the cutest costume ever on pinterest click this. I knew that Mikey had to be this...because he is darling and the idea of a little guy as an old guy was darling beyond belief. So we had to build around that  and then I saw this and knew this would be possible. So here is a preview, just in case the previous links werent obvious enough we are going as the characters from UP!. Brian is going to be Russell (the Wilderness scout), Michael is going to be Mr. Frederickson (the grumpy old man), and I am going to be Kevin (the snipe). The boys' costumes arent quite done, although we did make Michael a walker which is darling (we didnt realize we should have made a cane, but whatever), but the Kevin costume... well it is done. 

So here is a quick preview... horribly awkward "I took these with my computer" photos... but you get the idea... no muted colors here. 

Trust me it is much more out there in person... 8 yards of tulle will do that to you. Plus the wings arent visible. 
 Kevin mask/hat... still not sure about this part. Clearly not exactly like the movie... but this is the best I could come up with... and if I stand with the boys and tell people what we are I think we can overlook my inability to recreate it exactly.

1 comment:

Diana said...

Your amazing. How about this. When you come visit you help me think of costumes for us!! I have none. Alayna has not an idea. So come with something simple I can whip together for her!!! Jake is a doctor, Caleb is an astronaut. Ben...a chubby B. Or Donald Trump...because of his silly hair. And Jared, he hates Halloween so there is NOTHING he would ever consider being. So we need some Halloween help!