Saturday, April 21, 2012

Milestone Week and Just a Few (or 3) Stories

This week Mikey achieved 2 mobility milestones… things that made me shudder a bit for me, and clap for him (cause I really am happy for him).
Milestone 1: Sitting up on his own. In fairness I think that he probably achieved this one a little while ago but I caught him for the first time this week. All of a sudden he was sitting up when I knew I had left him on all 4s. He looked unphased, which leads me to believe the kid has known how to do this for a bit but was holding out on me. He does that, holds out on us, I have caught him waving at his mobile, his stuffed dog, and his glowworm while he has been in his crib alone, but he will not wave at people… stubborn kid. I think he may have done the same thing with rolling over, one day he didn’t do it, the next he was all over the place.  Anyway he sits up now…

Milestone 2- Pulling up to a kneeling position. Tonight I put Michael down for the night in his crib but he wasn’t a fan of that. Sometimes he will cry for a few minutes and then give in and watch his fishies, sing to himself, or play with the glowworm… tonight he screamed. After a few minutes I went to check on him and he had gone from lying on his back to kneeling in his bed. I put him back down, shut the door, and left, 5 minutes later I came back (because he was screaming like someone had hurt him) and same thing… no owie, just not wanting to go to bed and kneeling. I am a little nervous about this kneeling thing. He had the army crawl down… not sure he is going to crawl for real, next to come is walking… (in a bit I hope).

In addition to milestones, this week Mikey has done a few funny things. As mentioned he army crawls like nobody’s business- the kid is speedy, and into everything. He wants to touch everything and he is pretty fearless. One thing he is super interested in is the vaccum. Yesterday as I was vacuuming, he was following me throughout the house (army crawling), hoping to get close enough to touch the vacuum- don’t worry I had him maintain a safe distance.
Michael is a fan of CJ, he is starting to recognize her name, he loves to make faces at her , and most of all he loves to “get her”. Yesterday CJ was asleep on the living room floor. By asleep I mean she looked dead, she wasn’t, but she was way too comfy. Michael seemed to understand her coma state and went after her. He is usually a little bit loud, but in this case he was so quiet and so fast. He got to her, climbed up over her and was attempting to touch her mouth (because he loves to touch mouths). Let’s just say it wasn’t a happy wake up call for her. 








Last story, We got Michael a crabby sandbox which is becoming more and more of a fan of. The other day while we were out there I noticed that he started to understand the difference between inside the sandbox and outside. In general he is a fan of throwing things off the edge of his highchair, his bouncer, his carseat, etc. He was throwing (not dropping, throwing) the toys out of the sandbox, onto the patio and then attempting to get out of the sandbox and get them. Luckily I caught him right before he nosedived out onto the patio.

1 comment:

MaryAnne said...

Love the sandbox! Boo to the kneeling - they never want to go to sleep!