Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thankful

As today is Thanksgiving I think a “thankful” post is only fitting an appropriate, so tonight as I sit my kitchen (which yes is cleaned up from the cooking), I am reflecting on what I am thankful for and here is a very short list.

I am thankful for a hardworking husband. I am thankful he was willing to put his future family first when choosing a major, I am thankful that he worked hard to graduate, get a job, and chose a place to live where we could afford. I grateful he gets up every day to go an audit… I couldn’t do it (I do get up everyday just an FYI)

I am thankful for family (Kurtis and Megan this means you too). This year we have benefited from the generosity from our family on daily basis.  Thank you for your patience, your understanding, and your advice. Thank you to everyone for all that you have done for us, we would not be where we are without your help and prayers.

I am thankful for friends (and yes Kurtis and Megan you can be in this category too). Thank you for listening to our many complaints, helping us move several times, and putting up with us as we traipsed across the country, waited for our house to be built, and survived several months apart. Thank you for helping us create some semblance of normal during a time when normal is a relative term.

I am thankful for our home. After 6 months of “homelessness” it is so nice to have a home. I thought when we left Wymount that when I walked into our future apartment and even house that it would feel like someone else’s place, that it would feel foreign, and that I would miss our little apartment, well I was wrong about that. This place feels like home (which is good since we paid a lot). It is nice to have a home again.

I’m thankful for our washer and dryer and dishwasher. I know this seems small and unimportant, but we have never had these things, and while I know I can live without them, I am grateful to have them. I no longer have to plan meals based on the number of dishes needed to cook them, I no longer have to choose one day a week to do laundry, as I wrote this post I walked in to check on the laundry, I didn’t have to worry about someone taking my clothes, not having enough quarters or going outside. I am grateful for these appliances.

I am grateful for the opportunity to get an education. While I have spent a great deal of time complaining about school, and yes I will continue to complain, despite all of the difficulties in getting the education I am grateful for the experience and the opportunity I have been given. I am grateful that Brian was also able to get his education. I am grateful that as we stand back on this side of 25 (pretend that Brian isn’t turning 26 next year) we are almost done. I am grateful we wont have to go through this experience at 40, with children.

Happy Thanksgiving, I hope that your day was as wonderful as our’s was. 

No comments: