Thursday, July 16, 2009

New York 0 Texas 1

I am convinced New Yorkers hate their lives. I know this is a pretty bold statement coming from someone from the west coast, but I honestly think they do. I think those New Yorkers that tell you they actually like it here are kidding themselves, trying to believe that if they say it out loud enough times they will actually like it, it’s either that or the one’s that are saying that can actually afford to live here, either way the people that like it, I mean honestly and truly like living here are in the minority (kinda like the people that think Obama is putting the country on the right path). Why do New Yorkers hate their lives, well let’s think about it, it is filthy here, people are rude, some of the nastiest people I have ever met live here, everything is really really expensive, they pay insane taxes, and they are all crammed together all of the time- who would like that? Sure it is fun to visit but living  here is a huge hassle, something simple like going to the grocery store takes twice as long, is twice as difficult and costs about three times as much- who wants to do that? In the midst of that you have to work 2 jobs just to make ends meet, and when you come home, you live in a crappy studio apartment where everything is falling apart. Yes I know that many New Yorkers live in better conditions than that, but really, living here it is a hassle. Granted I might be spoiled, I am from suburbia, I went to college in suburbia, and I am going to move to suburbia in a few months- NYC is the opposite of that so maybe I am just outside my comfort zone but it seems like people are miserable here. The people here don’t smile, they aren’t friendly, they don’t seem to have any enthusiasm for anything (except being “green”), it seems like they need a little bit of sun, some open space, and to be honest a nice refreshing Dr. Pepper (have you ever noticed how much Texans love Dr. Pepper?), personally I think the people in Texas have it a little bit more under control (I know, shocking) than the people in NYC- they seem nicer, happier, and a bit less downtrodden than the New Yorkers.  Oh well, 6 weeks left, right, then I can go drink my Dr. Pepper in peace (not that I really ever drink Dr. Pepper, but you never know I might become a Texan after all).  

2 comments:

Littleshortstacks said...

I think the real score is NY 0 TX 3,000.

Texas is looking more and more favorable to me by the minute...

Stephanie M. said...

Living in DC I understand what you're saying about the cost of living and the commute! At least people here seem nicer than in NYC, although a lot of people here strongly believe in Obama's policies too. In fact, my neighbor below me proudly told me that her grandson was born on Obama's inauguration day. Wahoo! But then again, I see Republican bumper stickers all the time too because there are so many military people here. Hang in there! You'll be in suburbia before you know it! Hopefully I'll make it there too!!