Thursday, July 23, 2009

I miss my kitchen...

I really love to cook, but I hate cooking in New York. In Utah we had a lovely well stocked kitchen (thanks to Grandma Suker), we had nice pots and pans, sharp knives (I never thought this would be a problem), more wooden spoons, spatulas, and whisks than I could ever use, tons of bakeware, pyrex, and dishes galore. We  had these lovely little glass bowls to put chopped herbs in (before you add them to the larger mixing bowl), lovely metal, plastic, and glass mixing bowls, and of course my trusty Kitchen Aid mixer, these are just the items I miss and dream about at night- oh yeah did I mention the old kitchen had a full size stove and fridge… yeah this one doesnt. Here we have one pot, one large frying pan, one stock pot,  4 bowls, 3 plates, one wooden spoon,  2 knives so dull they no longer cut, and… that’s it, there is nothing else. I never thought I would miss my super small, poorly lit wymount kitchen, but I do every day.  My dreams alternate between our old kitchen and our kitchen in Dallas, hm… maybe I need something else to occupy my time.

 

2 comments:

Littleshortstacks said...

What an experience huh? It's almost like you're camping...

What do you eat, may I ask? Ramen noodles? Mac 'n Cheese? PB and J?

Kurtis and Megan Ford said...

Enough already!!! Get back to Utah!! By the way I made the Lo Mein out the red cookbook and it was soooooo gooood!!