This post should really be two, so ignore my laziness.
Michael has decided that he LOVES real food, I mean really loves it. He isnt a big fan of baby food at this point- although pureed pears and peaches are always a hit.
Anyway, any food that can be picked up and put in his mouth is a favorite, everything including broccoli. We have been trying to give him whatever we are eating in an effort to limit his affinity for "kid" foods and expose him to real people foods (I hear that's what french parents do... no really). Anwyay there are some things he loves (broccoli is one of those things) and some things he is just ok with (lasagna is one of those things).
He also loves to try and use utensils, since he rarely gets that opportunity (not too nimble with the grown up fork and no interest in the little people utensils) I thought I would capture a rare moment.
I dont know that he ended up swallowing any of the watermelon, but he did enjoy biting it and spitting it out.
See he finally got a bite.
Ok on to a new topic, please dont be offended by these photos, they are not meant to be obscene. So Michael likes to point and touch things (not a new thing), except he doesnt use his point finger. At first he would point and touch things with his pinkie, ring finger, and middle finger, but as time as gone on it is just the middle finger. We think it is because this finger is longer than all the rest and therefore easier to touch things. We have been trying to teach him to use the pointer finger, but he does have a good point, the middle finger is longer. Anyway not sure what to do about this, but for the moment wherever we go my son is going to be making obscene hand gestures. FYI this makes church just a tad bit more interesting for everyone sitting around us.
Anyway in addition to the middle finger photos, this is how our other photos have turned out lately- he is intrigued by the camera and strap and spends a lot of time trying to get them (see him touching the camera in this photo and attempting to in the one above).
This crazy guy is mobile now, before he was army crawling, but now he has given that up in favor of "normal" crawling. Someone asked me the other day when I think he will walk, and I have to say, no idea. I didnt think he could roll over or crawl and then one day he was doing it like he had always been doing it. My guess is that he practices in his crib when he is supposed to be napping. He can pull up to standing and yesterday I saw his try to push himself into a freestanding position in the middle of the living room, so my guess is it will be a shock when he starts walking.
Oh and he thinks he is hilarious (I mean he is but still). Now he pulls himself into a sitting position (on your lap) and then goes stiff and falls back, he does this when holding on to things or siting up as well... seems dangerous to me, but he thinks it is SO funny.
See, all toppled over but so funny.

No comments:
Post a Comment