Sunday, November 25, 2012
Daddy Issues
My son is having some daddy issues. It isnt your typical daddy issues, these are some attachment issues, basically he loves daddy the most, and who wouldnt he has a great dad... but the problem is when daddy has to leave... then he cant handle it. I understand that Daddy is awesome. I understand that Daddy has more time to play on the floor with him, while sometimes during the day I have to stop to do things like make dinner, do laundry, etc, and I even understand that Daddy is a novelty because he goes away during the day. What I dont understand is what to do about it. here's the thing, when we found out we were having a baby we knew we wanted one parent to stay home with Michael and we determined it would be me, which means someone (Brian) has to go bring home a paycheck. Now isnt a great time to change that situation, someday maybe but not today. So we need some help, how can we help Michael cope with the lack of Daddy. Not kidding, today and yesterday he screamed when Daddy left, threw himself on the ground and screamed for a good 10-15 minutes (Daddy! Daddy!) and then continued to whimper until Daddy returned, in both cases over an hour. So seriously, I want him to love Daddy but the whining and screaming... not so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment