Do you ever see a really cute item and think... I bet I can make that for less. Well I think that a lot. I am not too crafty so most days that turns out to be false but every once in awhile it works out for some reason. Anyway I wanted to make a happy birthday banner so I started poking around online. I found some cute banners on etsy but as I looked at them I thought, "really $40 for that?" So I decided to try my hand at it. Somewhere along the way I gave up on the birthday banner idea and came up with a seasonal theme (okay I only did one but still!). I am happy to report that after $5 and 45 minutes I ended up with this banner. Maybe not as cute as some of the ones I saw online but hey I am learning, just think how good I'll be by the time I get to fall and winter! Just an FYI in case you want to make one you need about 1/8 yard of each fabric- I got 1/2 yard and I have a TON left! Some lucky person is going to be getting one soon... havent decided who you are yet but what in the world am I going to do with 3 "spring" banners... nothing so someone else gets one!
3 comments:
I love it! I want to be in the drawing for the banner (I'm assuming so many people will want it that there will be a drawing)! When I see stuff like that I don't think that I could make it for less. I think "I bet they made it for WAY less than $40 and if I were craftsy, I could too."
Super cute! So you sewed the fabric onto ribbon? Did you use fabric on both sides? Did you draw the letters, cut them out, then iron them on, or sew them on?
I've been thinking about doing the same thing. My sister makes them and they are darling!
Very cute and very crafty, Ashley! You should write a how-to for it ... I have the same questions as Littleshortstacks. I made a banner for Rocky's homecoming last year that was fun and affordable to make--it's amazing what you can do with a little fabric and time!
Post a Comment